Posted by defensebaseactcomp on July 6, 2011
These numbers represent Defense Base Act Claims from around the world and claimants of all nations, employers, and carriers.
As some companies avoid reporting deaths and injuries these only include the numbers of Casualties legally reported to the Department of Labor.
There may also be further deaths and injuries to contractors not employed under US Funded Contracts.
Defense Base Act Death Claims filed from April 1 though June 30 – 132
Defense Base Act Injury Claims over four days lost 1,204
- At Least 121 Civilian Contractor Deaths in the Third Quarter of 2012
- At Least 59 Civilian Contractor Deaths Filed on in Second Quarter of 2012
- At Least 49 Civilian Contractor Deaths Filed on in First Quarter 2012
- At Least 418 Civilian Contractor Deaths in 2011
- At Least 87 Contractors Dead in Fourth Quarter of 2011
- At Least 119 Civilian Contractors Killed in Third Quarter 2011
- At least 132 Defense Base Act Contractors killed in second quarter 2011
- At Least Eighty Contractors Dead in First Quarter of 2011