Posted by defensebaseactcomp on October 2, 2012
WE ARE THE BEST KEPT SECRET OF THE WARS
According to the Department of Labor’s Defense Base Act Claim Summary Reports there were at least 121 Civilian Contractor Deaths filed on in the third quarter of 2012.
Keep in mind that these numbers are not an accurate accounting of Contractor Casualties as many injuries and deaths are not reported as Defense Base Act Claims. Also, many of these injuries will become deaths due to the Defense Base Act Insurance Companies denial of medical benefits.
Many foreign national and local national contractors and their families are never told that they are covered under the Defense Base Act and so not included in the count.
At least 18 death claims were filed for Iraq
At Least 90 death claims were filed for Afghanistan
At least 3,195 Defense Base Act Claims were filed during this quarter
At least 121 were death claims
At least 1,138 were for injuries requiring longer than 4 days off work
At least 85 were for injuries requiring less than 4 days off work
At least 1,879 were for injuries requiring no time off of work
A total of 90,680 Defense Base Act Claims have been filed since September 1, 2001
- At Least 121 Civilian Contractor Deaths in the Third Quarter of 2012
- At Least 59 Civilian Contractor Deaths Filed on in Second Quarter of 2012
- At Least 49 Civilian Contractor Deaths Filed on in First Quarter 2012
- At Least 418 Civilian Contractor Deaths in 2011
- At Least 87 Contractors Dead in Fourth Quarter of 2011
- At Least 119 Civilian Contractors Killed in Third Quarter 2011
- At least 132 Defense Base Act Contractors killed in second quarter 2011
- At Least Eighty Contractors Dead in First Quarter of 2011